HMCS Sioux, 1944
Crew photo of HMCS Sioux, September, 1944.
Using the numbers in the photo below as a guide, the identified men, in numerical order, are:
- No. 11 Engineer Lieutenant Tom Bertie Robinson:
- He stood by the building of HMCS Sioux in England (Isle of Wight);
- Was Engineer in HMCS Sioux at sea for 2 convoys to Murmansk;
- Was Engineer in HMCS Sioux at D-DAY;
- Was in D-DAY CBC radio interview by Leonard Brockington;
- Postwar, stood by the re-building of HMCS Sioux at Esquimalt, circa 1950.
- No. 19 Stoker P.O. Albert (Bert) Eaglesham.
- No. 49 Andrew Thompson Mitchell.
- No. 50 Colin Murdo Nicolson:
- No. 96 Lloyd Montgomery.
Many thanks to Eric Nicolson who sent me this numbered copy of the above photo.
The numbers may not be visible on a small screen.
Can you provide missing names, details or corrections?
Please email Charlie Dobie.
BACK TO MAIN MENU